Save Today, Invest for Tomorrow (Part 1)January 23, 2018
How to stick to those wise money habitsJanuary 29, 2018
Investing tips to take you through all the stages of your life.
- Determine what your investment goals are
- Research the different types of investment products and educate yourself about the securities industry – www.investucateTT.com
- Verify the legitimacy of the investment.
- Deal only with registered financial institutions and intermediaries; visit www.ttsec.org.tt
INVEST IN STOCKS
Benefits of investing in stocks:
- Stock ownership takes advantage of a growing economy
- You become a part owner of the company
- Purchasing is easy to set up via a registered Broker-Dealer. Contact TTSEC for a list of registered Broker-dealers.
- You can make your money grow by receiving Dividends and Capital Gains
INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS
Why invest in mutual funds?
- Mutual funds pool participants’ money for investment
- Funds are managed by professional investment fund managers
- You are able to diversify your holdings and possibly reduce risk
- You can choose a fund that buys the type of investments you are comfortable with
INVEST IN BONDS
Four reasons to buy bonds
- Bonds can provide you with a steady flow of income as you will receive periodic interest payments
- You usually get your principal back once the bond has reached its maturity
- Bonds may do well when other types of investments do not, as they are generally considered less risky than other securities investments.
- Keep a record of all the information regarding your investment
- Review your account statements
- Pay attention to public announcements. You can also visit the TTSEC’s homepage for the latest news and announcements. www.ttsec.org.tt
- Get professional advice before you agree to exchange or sell your shares