Save Today, Invest for Tomorrow (Part 1)
How to stick to those wise money habits
Investing tips to take you through all the stages of your life.
- Determine what your investment goals are
- Research the different types of investment products and educate yourself about the securities industry – www.investucateTT.com
- Verify the legitimacy of the investment.
- Deal only with registered financial institutions and intermediaries; visit www.ttsec.org.tt
INVEST IN STOCKS
Benefits of investing in stocks:
- Stock ownership takes advantage of a growing economy
- You become a part owner of the company
- Purchasing is easy to set up via a registered Broker-Dealer. Contact TTSEC for a list of registered Broker-dealers.
- You can make your money grow by receiving Dividends and Capital Gains
INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS
Why invest in mutual funds?
- Mutual funds pool participants’ money for investment
- Funds are managed by professional investment fund managers
- You are able to diversify your holdings and possibly reduce risk
- You can choose a fund that buys the type of investments you are comfortable with
INVEST IN BONDS
Four reasons to buy bonds
- Bonds can provide you with a steady flow of income as you will receive periodic interest payments
- You usually get your principal back once the bond has reached its maturity
- Bonds may do well when other types of investments do not, as they are generally considered less risky than other securities investments.
- Keep a record of all the information regarding your investment
- Review your account statements
- Pay attention to public announcements. You can also visit the TTSEC’s homepage for the latest news and announcements. www.ttsec.org.tt
- Get professional advice before you agree to exchange or sell your shares